Our NEVER List
We are committed to using all natural botanical ingredients made by mother nature and wanted you to know there are many ingredients we would never consider using, thus our NEVER list is here to make it easy for you to see we just won't go there - it's against our ethics and values.
Did you know that 85% of the more than 85,000 chemicals in use in today’s marketplace have not been tested for long-term human health impacts? When it only takes 32 seconds or less for something that we put on our skin to reach our bloodstream, why mess around with un-tested, un-natural ingredients?
Our focus at PLANTiful is on the amazing natural, sustainable, plant based ingredients that abound on our planet to keep our skin clean, nourished, balanced, rejuvenated, and detoxified as well as smelling amazing!
- SLS, or SLES
- synthetic fragrance or perfumes (that word alone can indicate up to 4000 ingredients!)
- Coal tar dyes
- Lead, Mercury and other heavy metals
- Triclosan & Tricocarban
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole)
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- DEA (Diethanolamine Cocoamide Dea, Lauramide Dea)
- MEA (Monoethanolamine)
- TEA (Triethanolamine)
- Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives (Ie. Dmdm Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidoazolidinyl Urea)
- All PEG compounds (A common one is PEG-40
- Petrolatum and Petroleum-derived ingredients
- Retinol palmitate
Want to learn more? Check out some of these resources and organizations below.
- Think Dirty Shop Clean App (CAN) - https://www.thinkdirtyapp.com/ They also have an excellent reference list under their Methodology page.
- David Suzuki Organization (CAN) - Dirty Dozen List (CAN)- http://www.davidsuzuki.org/issues/health/science/toxics/dirty-dozen-cosmetic-chemicals/
- Environmental Defence (CAN) - http://environmentaldefence.ca/educate-yourself/just-beautiful-pledge/
- Health Canada Hot List (CAN) - https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/consumer-product-safety/cosmetics/cosmetic-ingredient-hotlist-prohibited-restricted-ingredients.html
- Environmental Working Group (EWG) Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (USA) - http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
- EWG Healthy Home Tips Guide - Know the Ingredients in your Personal Care Products (USA) - http://www.ewg.org/research/healthy-home-tips/tip-1-know-ingredients-your-personal-care-products
- Safe Cosmetics Organization (USA) - http://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the-facts/chem-of-concern/
Image credit: Environmental Defence (CAN).