HERBAL TEA BLEND - Summer Memories (Hibiscus + Rooibos)
Hot temperatures can increase swelling in our bodies even in folks without impaired lymphatic function. You might notice on a hot day that your ankles or hands are a bit swollen, pinching your feet or fingers.
Hibiscus is know for cooling our bodies and it redness gives us a clue that it is good for our circulation and liver. It's often drank as a cooling summer tea beverage by the cultures around the equator.
Blending the organic hibiscus leaves with other skin boosters: rooibos tea, and locally foraged horsetail, dandelion and rose petals, it's wonderful for cooling and helping restore our mucuousal layers and the surface of our skin too.
Tart and Fresh. The hibiscus leaves are very high in vitamin C, so they land a tart taste to the tea, balanced by a slight sweetness from the rooibos and rose petals.
Rooibos tea*, Hibiscus petals*, Dandelion leaf*, Marshmallow Root*, Horsetail*, and Rose Petals*. * = organic and/or wild-harvested.
In the summer months, or when you are experiences hot flashes, inflammation flare-up:
- brew this one cold, letting it steep for 20 min. or longer.
- Then, straining and adding in a sweetener like honey (optional),
- Garnish with fresh mint or lemon balm leaves, slices of ginger or lemon.
other ideas of how to enjoy the hibiscus tea:
- Turn them into tea popsicles
- Use the strained tea as the water in a berry smoothie
- Garnish with a few fresh raspberries or fresh flowers from your garden