Castille soap or sometimes spelled Castile soap is a soap made entirely of vegetable oils. Originally it meant it was an olive oil soap of 75% or higher in content and other oils making up the rest. Nowadays they are often made with palm oil, coconut oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, you name it, you might find it in there. We DON'T use palm oil in ANY of our products for environmental & health, and human rights reasons.
How do we make our castille soap?
We make ours following an ancient, slow process method that relies on TIME. A precious commodity, but we believe it's important not to rush the process with heat or chemicals because if you do, the rich botanicals and antioxidants are compromised. The result is a cleaner, gentler, truer soap that cleans and WON'T dry out your skin. If you always are struggling with dry skin, give our bars a try. They are worth it and long-lasting.
8 things to do with castille soap:
- Washing hands in the bathroom or kitchen
- body soap for the shower
- Pretreat stains before they go in the wash
- Take it camping, traveling - it's airplane friendly and backcountry safe.
- Place in your clothes drawer to give your clothes a fresh smell and keep moths away
- DISHES! Yes, you can use our bar soap like a traditional Marseille soap or french block soap and wash dishes, counters, and even kids with it. They used to have a big block of soap by the kitchen sink that was used for anything and everything. No more special liquid soap for dishes, then others for hands, and another soap for scrubbing counters. This soap can do it all!
How do you use it for washing dishes?!
We've been trying it in our house for a while now and here are my tips! Fill your sink with warm/hot water and dishes to presoak if you choose. Grab a scrub brush or a washcloth, get it wet, then rub the brush or cloth onto the soap block to get it saturated. Then wash your dishes with it. Load up your cloth or scrub brush as needed.
We have naked bar options. We had a big vote on our social media Instagram account and decided to offer a naked bar option based on customer feedback!