News — Shampoo bars
Posted by Amy Johnson on
Have you made the switch to zero waste shampoo bars? Keep reading to find out what you need to know to get the most out of the switch and make it a good one for you!
- 1 comment
- Tags: ACV rinse, bar vs liquid shampoo, hair care, hair oil, haircare, herbal rinses, plastic free, shampoo alternatives, shampoo bar soap, Shampoo bars, switching to zero waste, zero waste
Posted by Amy Beaith on
Simply put, the 'no poo movement' is ditching shampoo in favour of an alternative that is soap-free in most cases. The most popular alternative is using baking soda for washing your hair and apple cider vinegar rinse as your conditioner.
A modified 'no poo' variation:
- Wash with our rosemary & mint shampoo bar instead of baking soda.
- Use an apple cider vinegar herbal hair rinse (recipe below)
- For long hair, dab your tips/ends of your hair with olive or sweet almond oil, or takea few drops of one of our facial serums, which are excellent moisturizers for hair tips too!
BONUS: You can still wash less frequently because our soaps are moisturizing and gentle on the hair, similar to the baking soda & ACV method. I call this modified 'no poo' as I am using a soap, but it's a natural soap with glycerin still in the soap and no sulfates, phosphates, parabens, phthylates, propyl compounds, PEG compounds, or other nasty stuff found in conventional shampoo! Bar soap is hands down better for your hair and scalp than a liquid shampoo!
- 0 comment
- Tags: ACV, apple cider vinegar hair rinse, blonde hair, dandruff, For the hair, herbal hair rinse, herbal hair rinse recipe, no poo, no poo movement, non-toxic, oily hair, shampoo alternatives, shampoo bar, shampoo bar soap, Shampoo bars