We have put together a list of travel essentials for any trip whether you are going camping, travelling abroad, or taking a little road trip. All our products are safe for the back-country and won't harm the water. A win for you and the environment.
- Cinnamint toothpaste powder - lightweight, won't spoil in the heat, contains no preservatives, and is excellent for your gums and teeth!
- Uncomplicatedly awesome organic deodorants - 3 scents to keep you feeling fresh & dry all day long.
- Rosemary & Mint shampoo bar - avail. in a travel size tin or full bar - An excellent 2-in-1 soap for your hair and body. Will leave your tresses healthy & shiny.
I love honey for many reasons!
We grew up with honey bees on our acreage in eastern Ontario and enjoyed having fresh honey on hand for eating and baking. My favourite kind was probably clover honey. As you might have guessed, I grew up eating a lot of honey and as I got older I learned more about its unique properties, beyond being a delicious, anti-inflammatory food, that were beneficial for healthy skin.
For almost 2 years now I've been using a fluoride-free toothpaste I make with bentonite clay, purified water, baking soda, powdered mint leaves, finely ground sea salt, cinnamon, and clove. Simple ingredients, easy to make, and it lasts a long time! Read more about why conventional toothpaste might not be all that it's cracked up to be and how you can make the switch to a natural toothpaste and keep your teeth clean and healthy!
The Oil Cleansing Method sometimes referred to as OCM is a way of cleaning your skin without using soap!
It's especially beneficial for the face and one of the most natural and simplest ways to let your skin glow! The concept behind it is 'like attracts like'. i.e. Oil dissolves oil. Your skin produces natural oils called 'sebum' to protect itself from environmental factors which include: dryness, pollution as mentioned above, but also to keep ON healthy bacteria and yeasts and keep OUT unhealthy or unwanted bacteria and yeasts. When we strip that protective layer off your skin too often with soaps, it not only causes our body to produce more oil, but it makes your more vulnerable to colds/flu bugs and/or infections as well.
You may have come to know our company over the years as Ameya Studio. We recently changed our name that we hope will better reflect the work that we do. We wanted a name and logo that captures our desire to promote the power of plants in healing and nourishing the skin. Our products are FULL of plant-based ingredients, such as our own herbal-infused oils, wild herbs, locally grown oats, pure essential oils and more! We have always strived to include as many locally grown ingredients as possible and will continue to do so under our new name.
As part of our rebranding, we are expanding our skincare line to include some new items as well as new packaging under our new brand. These new items include:
Sunscreen (we call it Sunscream!)
- Whipped body butters - The first one available is called: Cocolicious!
- Our castille olive oil soaps will be wrapped in plantable paper filled with Canadian wildflower seeds! How fun is that?! You can start your own garden project at home!