Nothing beats the winter blues or a sore throat like Ginger Honey Lemon Tea. It's my go to this time of year and is very easy to make.
You will need:
- Ginger root, fresh
- Himalayan/Sea salt (optional)
- Elderberry Syrup (optional)
- Kettle to boil water
- Get your kettle going to boil some water.
- In the meantime, chop a lemon and squeeze half a lemon.
- For the ginger root, you can chop it, press it in a garlic press, or grate it. The pressing of it gets the most juice and will taste the strongest. I chop up the pressed chunks and add to my tea as well with the juice and pulp pushed through the press.
- Pour freshly boiled water (I let it cool til about 70-80 degrees celsius, before pouring into my cup, but you do you.
- Add honey to taste OR add Elderberry Syrup as your sweetener for added immunity and nice taste combo.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan or Sea salt to your drink.
When you are feeling sick, this is a great soother remedy for the throat and the ginger root is wonderful for immune boosting, and loosen and move out the mucus. The combo of the lemon, honey, and salt is a natural electrolyte balancing drink. When we are sick, our electrolytes can get out of balance, so this is extra supportive. I even make this once in a while when I'm not sick because I love the benefits of the electrolyte balance in the dry winter months.
If you make this drink, let us know what you think and how it made you feel and what you thought of the taste in the comments below.