Our skin, is a big part of how we interact with the world around us.
It is also where the majority of our lymph - our living water resides. This lymph carries our light, our energy, emotions, as well as nutrients and waste. Our skin and thus our lymph is our outer self that interacts with the outside world. When we feel depressed, sad, our energy drops and lowers its vibrational frequency. This can show up in our skin as dullness, dryness, heaviness, rashes, stagnation, tightness.
How can we help our emotional bodies through our skin?
I believe that when we TAP into the loving care of TOUCH, as well as WATER, SOUND, and MOVEMENT, we can help our bodies process and move through the emotions that we are experiencing.
Spring time has lots of water energy around us from a Zodiac point of view being in Pisces season, as well as in the land around us, the snow and ice are starting to melt, soaking the earth with this magic elixir we call water, helping those seeds we planted in cooler months to take root! Without water, there would be no life on this earth. It is so essential to our survival now and in the future.
One of the ways we can tap into this water energy by turning our bath and shower experiences into a ritual. This is a long list of suggestions, so don't feel you need to do them all. Pick 1 or 2 or 3 that you want to try and notice how you feel afterwards.
Water energy rituals for the bath/shower:
- Let water wash over our body from skull downwards and imagine that you are cleansing your auric field.
- Sing, dance, and move/stretch in the shower! (b careful not to slip)
- Try a few rounds of seated cat/cow in the bath to connect your breath to the water and the water to your breath.
- Listen to binaural beats at ancient frequency and healing spring of Naiaides at 528 Hz
- Light a candle and enjoy a book. Stay off social media and practice staying present with yourself and your emotions.
- Bring a mug of heart loving tea or cacao to the bath to connect with your heart energy,
- Enjoy natural products that uplift your spirits and detoxify and cleanse your physical body
- Try wet brushing your skin with our jute mitts. They make a great bath washcloth, gently exfoliating, and stimulating your circulation. Rub as gently or as rough as you like. You're using your power of touch to move and shift your emotions. Tap into that.
- At the end of your bath, imagine that you are releasing stagnation, tightness, heaviness anything you are holding onto that you are ready to release. Imagine that these emotions are running down the drain and being carried away. Notice how you feel afterwards.
- Journal about your experience with these rituals and keep ones that worked for you.